Friday, November 19, 2010

What's wrong with me..

Series of shit has been happening to me. First it was the wisdom tooth saga and now it's the headache that refuses to budge. It's considered the third day now since it has pestered me. It's really frustrating..and after reading up on google.. I feel that I fall into the "rebound headache" category. I remembered overdosing myself with the panadol extras when I had my bad toothache..and now it's like causing a rebound..it states:

Rebound Headaches

These are headaches as a result of overuse of pain relieving medication. It is a vicious cycle as the sufferer tends to use analgesics in order to relieve the headache thereby perpetuating the pain. Other drugs like ergotamine which is used for migraines may also be responsible for rebound headaches.

Any chronic use of analgesics that is stopped for up to a week will often lead to improvment of the headache in a case of rebound headaches. The easy availability of OTC and scheduled analgesics plays a significant role in the increase of these type of headaches as the sufferer is often unable to understand the benefits of stopping analgesics or cannot tolerate the pain (headache) and has to use an analgesic."

I've just popped 2 pandol extra. The headache seems dull but can be irritating at times..as it feels like it's getting more intense each time.. can these nonsense stop already.. =(

No comments: